Pasta and Loch Duart salmon go well together…
Preparation time: 25 minutes
50g (2oz) butter
Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
Freshly ground sea salt and freshly
ground black pepper
4 x 175g (6oz) salmon fillets, skinned
350g (12oz) dried tagliatelle
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Melt the butter in a small roasting tin and add the lemon rind and juice.
- Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Lay the salmon fillets in the roasting tin and turn them around in the lemony butter, ending up skin-side down. Place into the oven for 7-8 minutes until cooked through but still moist inside.
- Meanwhile, throw the pasta into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook according to the packet
- instructions until al dente.
- Take the salmon out of the roasting tin and place on a warmed plate. Drain the pasta, mix with the lemony buttery juices collected in the salmon roasting tin and add the parsley.
- Divide the pasta between four warmed plates.
- Set a baked salmon fillet on top and tuck in!