Spring Loch Duart salmon has a delicate fresh flavour that rewards simple cooking.
4 x 175g (6oz) Scottish salmon fillets
1 tbsp olive oil
25g (1oz butter)
25g (1oz) plain flour
300mls (1/2 pint) semi-skimmed milk
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp each of chopped chives and chervil
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour to make a roux. Re move pan from heat and gradually stir in the milk. Return to heat and bring to the boil, stirring gently to make a smooth sauce.
- Stir in half the lemon juice.
- Whilst the sauce is cooking, pan-fry the salmon fillets in olive oil for a total of 4 mins, turning once.
- Add the herbs to the remaining lemon juice and serve fillets, glazed with ‘herby’ lemon juice.
- Pour sauce around plate and serve with a jacket potato.